Water (Drought) Restrictions? Use Rinseless Wash.
What is a Rinseless Wash?
A Rinseless Wash is a car wash process that removes the “rinse” step.
You replace your traditional, high-foaming, car wash soap, with a no-foam, ultra-lubricating formula that doesn’t need to be rinsed off of the paint and glass surface before drying.
- Reduces Water Consumption & Runoff
- Less messy
- Faster than Traditional Wash
- More precise with more control
- Easier to perform outside in the sun
How to Use Rinseless Car Wash:
What you need:
- 5-gallon bucket
- Water (DI or Distilled Water is better)
- Rinseless Wash Chemical
- Microfiber Wash Mitt or Towel
- Microfiber Drying Towel
- Spray bottle
- Detail Keg
- Pressure Washer or Hose
- Grit Guard
- Extra bucket
- APC - All-Purpose Cleaner
- Work (wash & dry) one panel at a time. Complete the process on each body panel (hood, windshield, roof, door panels, etc.) before you move to the next.
- Rinse your wash mitt or towel in the bucket, often, so that you are wiping with a clean mitt/towel. Even better, use multiple wash mitts or towels to always wipe with a clean towel section.
- Add Water and Rinseless solution to bucket
- Soak mitts and/or Rinseless Towels in the solution.
- more than one is better and more efficient
- Option 1: Spray (pre-soak) the panel you are cleaning. With a mix of water and the Rinseless solution to help lubricate the surface and encapsulate the dirt.
- This is increasingly important if there is a lot of dirt on the paint.
- If the paint is extra dirty it is a good idea to pre-rinse (I know, I know) the surface with a hose or pressure washer to knock off the dirt, prior to wiping.
- Option 2: Rise the panel you are cleaning with a hose or pressure washer.
- Wipe the panel
- Rinse the towels often or use a clean towel section for each wipe
- Debris can get stuck in the towel so be careful not to wipe with a dirty towel.
The Way it Works:
A Rinseless wash solution will begin to break down and encapsulate the surface dirt immediately on contact.
The surfactant will break the surface Bond of the dirt while the polymer lubricant holds it suspended in solution on the surface.
It is always best to perform a pre-spray to the panel prior to introducing wash media to the surface.
The pre-spray Acts as a presoak further assisting in the break down and encapsulation prior to the actual wash process.
Most Rinseless wash products can be used in a higher concentrated dilution ratio for the presoak.
It is also important to note with the Rinseless wash process that while it is not necessary to use a free-flowing source of water, Users still have the option to do so if they choose.
Many detailers will often pressure wash the surface prior to performing a Rinseless wash, however, they will not pressure wash the Rinseless product from the surface because it isn’t necessary.
The Rinseless Wash Product:
A High quality Rinseless product is made with an ideal blend of two main components.
- A surfactant. (Cleaner)
- A lubricant (polymer).
Combined, these raw materials make you the effectiveness of a Rinseless wash product.
Rinseless wash products are also very forgiving because you can choose to wash one panel at a time or an entire vehicle at a time depending on the situation and your circumstances.
Different than a traditional wash, You are not committed to the entire wash process in the event that you have to pause for something.